Software Development Engineer II
2011 – 2014
● Worked on local content and relevance measurement, providing quality metrics for Local Vertical’s pipeline and data.
● Developed scrapers for automated acquisition of local answers for queries on Bing, Google, Google Maps, and Yandex.
● Maintained and updated old scraper code to reflect the latest changes in the output of the search engines.
● Developed a plugin-based scoring system; the system uses external plugin assemblies and allows partially trusted partner code by using .NET sandboxing.
● Participated in the development of the system for perceived duplicate entity rate measurement for local data, using UHRS human-judgment system.
● Maintained and updated the duplicate measurement system for 12 months until it was passed over to another team; provided support for the transfer.
● Developed metric reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
● Developed scripts for generation of query sets for UHRS judge qualification and spam detection, using WWF workflows.
● Attended educational workshops on .NET Debugging and Performance Tuning.
CONTRIBUTED CODE FOR WORK RELATED TO:
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:
Microsoft Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. It is the world’s largest software maker by revenue, and one of the world’s most valuable companies.