Sr Software Development Engineer
2014 – 2016
● Spearheaded a small team in creating a product-search relevance measurement framework; to be used in regular quality control and pre-release testing of new features.
● Developed code for automated scraping of the in-house search engine as well as partner and competitor search engines.
● Interfaced with Amazon Mechanical Turk, using crowdsourcing for search relevance assessment.
● Maintained community contact with Mechanical Turk workers, addressing concerns and resolving issues.
● Created Pig and Hive scripts for large-scale log processing.
● Used accumulated data to provide diverse analytical reports requested by other departments.
● Designed, drove, and developed features in the web service layer components, from prototyping to production deployment, improving end-user experience at in-store search and navigation.
● Worked on Solr plugins used as part of the in-house product search engine.
● Amazon Web Services
● Mechanical Turk
CONTRIBUTED CODE FOR WORK RELATED TO:
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:
Point Inside, Inc. provides technologies in indoor mapping, micro-location services, and customer engagement. It offers Interact Platform that enables customers to find exact locations of products within stores, as well as get optimized routes through stores based on their shopping lists; and retailers to present offers to customers within shopping lists and in real-time while they are shopping, based upon understanding of their buying intents, purchase history, and location within the store. The company also offers consumers with Point Inside Maps for Airports and Malls, a mobile application on iOS and Android devices that enables users to find stores, gates, kiosks, restrooms, elevators, escalators, and other guest services in various malls and airports. In addition, it licenses its destination maps and content, as well as an Application Programming Interface that enables developers to integrate these searchable maps with context-relevant information into their own applications. The company serves retailers, shopping malls, and advertisers. Point Inside was incorporated in 2009 and is based in Bellevue, Washington.