2018 – 2020
● Worked on the server-side (Java, GAE, AWS), with occasional small projects in the Android client application.
● Main areas of contribution included registration and friending.
● Reworked the username generation module, raising the acceptance rate by 150%.
● Optimized the registration endpoint, lowering the latency by 30-50%.
● Reworked and migrated one of the friending modules to a different cloud platform, getting savings in operating costs of more than $1M a year.
● Developed a component in the friend suggestion pipeline, improving friending rates for new users by 20% on average, and more than doubling it in some markets.
● As a cross-team reach, supported the localization team and facilitated rollouts of 20+ new languages.
Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. We contribute to human progress by empowering people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.